THE SOLWAY WINTER
Discover the huge diversity of wildlife around the Solway Firth
- Monday 4th - Friday 8th December 2023 (led by Ewan and John Miles)
- Monday 8th - Friday 12th January 2024 with Iolo Williams - FULL
- All inclusive package holiday - food, accommodation and wildlife tours.
- Stay at a 4 STAR HOTEL & SPA
- A small group experience of 6 or 7 guests
- 5 wildlife tours in and around the Solway Firth and the Scottish Borders.
- Over 40,000 Barnacle Geese wintering on the Solway and a plethora of other wildfowl species.
- Target raptor species include - Goshawk, Peregrine, Merlin, Hen Harrier and Red Kite.
- Other target species include Bittern, Bearded Tit, Hawfinch, Black Grouse, Red Squirrel and much more!
- We will seek out one of the biggest Starling murmurations in the UK!
- Explore Hadrians Wall - a World Heritage Site.
- We will visit some of the top winter nature reserves in the UK - WWT Caerlaverock & RSPB Leighton Moss.
- Transport available to and from the local train station.
£1295 (Dec 2023)
£1595 (Jan 2024)
* There is a £150 single supplement cost
* On booking please advise of any special requirements medical or dietary
* Leisurely walks of 1-5km will be undertaken