During 2018/19 a total census of all breeding seabirds in Britain and Ireland will be undertaken. This will be the biggest census since the Seabird 2000 census. The Seabird Monitoring Programme (SMP) organised by JNCC ensures that data on breeding numbers and productivity of seabirds are collected, both regionally and nationally, to enable their conservation status to be assessed. There are a number of sites across Mull that need surveying and Nature Scotland have been given
A nasty northerly?! A big sea running out there today, creating some wonderful seascape opportunities. This black and white image was taken during a snow storm as I attempted to capture the drama of the big waves crashing into the the shoreline. 6 Twite on the wing and a good number of Kittiwakes and Razorbills blown right into the bay. Looking forward to taking guests out again tomorrow on a Mull Half Day Tour! #MullPhotographyTour #photographyworkshop #MullPhotography #Ewan
Who else is joining Iolo Williams on Eagle Island next year? - Led by TV wildlife presenter Iolo Williams
- Co-led by Nature Scotland’s local guide, Ewan Miles
- 4 nights’ all inclusive wildlife tours, food and accommodation.
- Join a small group for personal attention and ethically sustainable wildlife watching.
- We will showcase the island’s wonderful biodiversity.
- The best location and season to see White-tailed and Golden Eagles!
- One of the most productive loca